About the program:
BII+E offers a summer internship program for those interested in supporting a fast-paced and exciting research agenda that engages diverse audiences across Canada and beyond. Our 2021 internship program will be remote.
These roles contribute to the Institute’s efforts to build a robust, data-driven picture of innovation and entrepreneurship trends in Canada, and inform thoughtful public policies that enable Canadians – from different regions, sectors and backgrounds – to seize the opportunities and prepare for the risks in the shift to an innovation-driven economy.
This year, we are hiring for two internship positions:
Why you should apply:
- Contribute to thoughtful research and public policies that benefit Canadians
- Gain real, hands-on experience with mentorship from our team
- Networking opportunities
- Join a great team
- It’s full-time + paid!
Who do we look for?
BII+E interns are curious, driven, collaborative and looking to grow. They are self-starters who also like working on teams. And they are motivated to contribute to shaping innovation policy that works for all Canadians.
Requirements for the position include:
- Legally allowed to work in Canada
- Passion for innovation policy
- Resume + Cover Letter submission
- Virtual Interview with 48 hour assignment
- Offer (February 2021)
When can I apply?
Applications open Monday, January 4th at 9:00am EST
Applications close Sunday, January 24th at 11:59pm EST
When applications open on January 4th, apply here.
- Make note of the deadline! The deadline is in EST. Anything submitted past the deadline will not be accepted.
- Customize your cover letter. We want to get to know you better and would like to have your passion for BII+E to shine through.
- Be yourself. We want to make sure it’s a good fit for you and us!
Q: Will I be paid?
A: Yes, this is a paid internship, you will be paid $20/hr.
Q: What will I learn?
A: You will be assigned to 1-2 projects during the summer. Within the project, you will be supporting qualitative and/or qualitative research, helping prepare proposals and presentations, organizing data, and supporting different members of the policy and projects teams.
Additionally, we encourage interns to attend external events and opportunities outside of the Institute!
Here’s what the interns have done in previous years:
Q: Will the Internship be virtual due to COVID-19? Or will I be required to come into the office?
A: The 2021 Brookfield Internship Program will be virtual. We will not require you to come into the office. We are lucky to have access to tools + resources that allow us to be fully virtual without any major impacts to the work that we do. We also provide a small stipend for your work from home setup!
Q: I’m an international student, can I still apply?
A: If you are legally allowed to work in Canada, yes.
Thank you to Canada Summer Jobs for making our internship program possible.