The Brookfield Institute for Innovation + Entrepreneurship is looking for a Senior Economist to join our Policy Delivery Team. As a Senior Economist, you will both lead and support the execution of specific projects across all work streams at the Brookfield Institute in several key areas: project management, research design and execution, analysis and synthesis, project communications and stakeholder engagement. You will have experience leading the design and execution of quantitative research projects, communicating your findings and recommendations to external audiences, and leading projects from start to finish, while delivering high quality client service.
The Brookfield Institute for Innovation + Entrepreneurship (BII+E) is an independent, non-partisan policy institute, housed at Ryerson University. We transform bold ideas into real-world solutions designed to help Canada navigate the complex forces and astounding possibilities of the innovation economy. We envision a future that is prosperous, resilient and equitable.
If you are interested, please apply directly through Ryerson’s website. Deadline to apply is March 19, 2021.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree in Economics or an equivalent discipline.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience, including at least 3 years of immersed experience in one or more crafts, e.g. policy + government, AI policy, entrepreneurship policy, skills policy, social policy, quantitative research, economics, data science, qualitative research, futures, human centered design.
- Experience leading applied research and delivering high quality client service.
- Experience with relationship building with key stakeholders including government, community and industry partners.
- Knowledge of quantitative research tools, including statistical software such as Stata, SPSS, Python, R, or other open source equivalents.
- Experience working with large datasets.
- Knowledge of key issues relating to innovation and entrepreneurship in Canada and an understanding of the Institute’s mission;
- Strong project management, facilitation skills, logical reasoning and intellectual curiosity.
- Strong financial management skills, with ability to track a project budget.
- Exceptional writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to gather, synthesize and analyze complex information from a variety of sources, to identify trends in data and research, and to develop specific recommendations.
- Strong time management, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex issues, and make research accessible to maximize the impact of the Institute’s work.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and complexity.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently when needed.
- Familiarity with Google Suites products (Google Calendar, Gmail) and Microsoft Suites (Excel, Word, Power Point).
Important Notice Re Job Postings during COVID-19
While we are committed to ensuring the best possible experience for all applicants, due to the situation regarding COVID-19, please be advised that Ryerson University (“Ryerson”) reserves the right to pause a job competition at any stage in the process. Applicants will be notified in the event that the job competition process in which they are participating is suspended or paused. We appreciate your understanding during these unprecedented times. Thank you for your interest in Ryerson University.
Ryerson University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.