About this Report
The nature of innovation + entrepreneurship is rapidly evolving, with new ventures, new products, new players, and new policy tools. As such, it can be difficult to have a full, encompassing view of all the players in the ecosystem.
This compass presents a framework to help navigate the variety of actors in Canada’s innovation + entrepreneurship ecosystem. It helps identify and categorize key actors involved to help obtain a high-level overview. It will serve as a tool to understand how actors fit within Canada’s innovation + entrepreneurship ecosystem. Whether you are a decision-maker, policy-maker or entrepreneur, we are aiming to help anyone who is interested to get the lay of the land from our perspective. This is a resource to learn about other actors, identify opportunities, discover patterns and connect with actors with similar or complementary goals.
Read this report to help you:
- Review core concepts in innovation + entrepreneurship
- Lay a foundation for a dynamic overview of the Canadian innovation + entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Adopt a conceptual framework to organize and navigate the actors involved
- Understand at a high-level how different types of actors contribute to Canada’s ecosystem
- Identify key actors at national and sub-national levels