The Brookfield Institute for Innovation + Entrepreneurship is seeking a Marketing and Communications Specialist to provide communications and digital marketing support, including the development of integrated communications, marketing, content and media plans in order to enhance the impact of its work and reputation of the Institute and its team. The Marketing and Communications Specialist develops and produces a wide range of MarComm products, public-facing reports and business development materials, according to the Institute’s standards, timelines and budget; oversees all aspects of the Brookfield Institute’s website, social media channels, and marketing products; and coordinates external communications with media and key stakeholders in order to enhance BII+E’s profile and reputation.
Salary range: $69,886.34 – $88,529.94
The Brookfield Institute for Innovation + Entrepreneurship (BII+E) is an independent, non-partisan policy institute, housed at Ryerson University. We transform bold ideas into real-world solutions designed to help Canada navigate the complex forces and astounding possibilities of the innovation economy. We envision a future that is prosperous, resilient and equitable.
If you are interested, please apply directly through Ryerson’s website. Deadline to apply is May 4, 2021.
- Develops and executes integrated communications, digital marketing, and media relations plans for all Brookfield Institute initiatives and large-scale events and announcements.
- Works with the policy and business development teams to develop promotional tools and initiatives, including communications plans and document templates, to support the work and growth of the Institute.
- Oversees and grows reach and engagement on all Brookfield Institute content, including web content, social media channels, email marketing programs, newsletter, and media relations.
- Oversees¿ ¿the day-to-day administration and execution of communications projects and activities
- Coordinates the development of templates/processes to standardize materials for new product/services delivered by the MarComm team.
- Maintains brand standards across all channels
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree in Business Management, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English or a related discipline is required.
- Minimum of three years of relevant work experience in a dedicated marketing/branded communications/journalism position in a fast paced environment.
- Publishing knowledge and skills to create, edit/proof and prepare final print-ready marketing and communication materials.
- Knowledge of print production processes and styles such as the requirements/specifications for print-ready materials.
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing, including analytics.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills are required to properly translate complex information to a wide audience.
- Knowledge of social media channels, platforms, and emerging technologies (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Snapchat) is an asset.
- Proven experience in multitasking and prioritizing high volumes of work while meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the BII+E brand and ensure that the creative content of all projects works to reinforce it.
- Able to provide clear direction, mentorship and communications-related training to colleagues.
- Experience with various web-based technology and languages including WordPress and SEO.
- Understanding of design principles and working knowledge of contemporary design and development software, such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively within a team.
- Familiarity with Google Suites products (Google Calendar, Gmail) and Microsoft Suites (Excel, Word, Power Point).
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity + Inclusion
Ryerson University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Important Notice Re: Job Postings during COVID-19
While we are committed to ensuring the best possible experience for all applicants, due to the situation regarding COVID-19, please be advised that Ryerson University (“Ryerson”) reserves the right to pause a job competition at any stage in the process. Applicants will be notified in the event that the job competition process in which they are participating is suspended or paused. We appreciate your understanding during these unprecedented times. Thank you for your interest in Ryerson University.