Program Director, SHAD RYERSON
Looking to make a difference in the lives of Canadian youth?
SHAD Ryerson is seeking an energetic-champion for youth with a keen interest and background in STEAM and/or entrepreneurship to lead the program and work with high-achieving grade 10 and 11 students in a 21st century learning environment.
Ryerson University is proud to be a host campus partner for the renowned SHAD enrichment program for youth.
Since 1980, SHAD has been providing Canadian students with the opportunity to attend a 27-day STEAM and entrepreneurship based enrichment program where participants live at a host university campus outside their hometown. SHAD participants engage in experiential learning, sociocultural activities and community building. Through lectures, workshops, labs and team projects, students learn by doing and become inspired, unleashed and connected with like-minded youth from across the country to become tomorrow’s leaders and change makers. There are currently more than 17,000 SHAD alumni including Rhodes Scholars, Top 40 Under 40 & Top 20 Under 20 award recipients and many other accomplished professionals.
As Program Director, SHAD Ryerson, you will be involved in all aspects of the program – from assisting in the team member hiring and program logistics, to designing, planning and leading program content, and mentoring and coaching high school students to realize their full potential. The Program Director role is a SHAD contract compensated position with support from both SHAD and Ryerson.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a passionate educator (high school or post-secondary) or entrepreneur, ideally with experience teaching science or math, who likes to be surrounded with excellence.
- Be knowledgeable about youth development, able to support youth in the learning process and able to act as a resource to other team members.
- Have a desire to inspire and motivate youth as they become emerging leaders.
- Have full-time availability in July and be willing to live in residence on campus for the month.
- Develop and lead the team training for several days prior to the start of the program.
- Be able to spend the equivalent of 1-2 days per month in the lead up to July for program planning activities.
- Prior experience with programs such as the Canada-Wide Science Fair or other programs aimed at inspiring exceptional high-school students is an asset.
- This opportunity is for an initial term of 3 years, 2019 – 2021 programs, and renewable yearly based on review and mutual agreement to move forward.
- Start date: January 2019
Apply today to join the SHAD Ryerson team. Those interested should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “SHAD Director Application” addressed to SHAD Ryerson by Friday, December 14, 2018.
You can contact Michelle Park, Projects Officer, Brookfield Institute for Innovation + Entrepreneurship at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Eileen Polson, VP, National Programs, SHAD Canada at Eileen@shad.ca for further information.