The Brookfield Institute for Innovation + Entrepreneurship is looking to hire a process-oriented Business Development Associate with an acute attention to detail
If you’re interested in real-world problems and motivated by the possibilities of the innovation economy and building a future that is prosperous, resilient and more equitable – we’re the place for you!
As the Business Development Associate, you will be supporting a portfolio of funding prospects and plans for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of contracts, grants and gifts. You will assist in the research and writing of proposals, grant applications and other fundraising materials as it relates to individual, foundation, government and corporate prospects in supporting the Brookfield Institute’s business development goals. In addition, you will provide support to the Partnerships Manager across the entire business development process, while maintaining up to date records of all fundraising efforts in CRM.
If you are interested, please apply directly through Ryerson’s website. Deadline for application, February 18, 2021.
The Brookfield Institute for Innovation + Entrepreneurship (BII+E) is an independent, non-partisan policy institute, housed at Ryerson University. We transform bold ideas into real-world solutions designed to help Canada navigate the complex forces and astounding possibilities of the innovation economy. We envision a future that is prosperous, resilient and equitable.
To learn more about BII+E and why you should work with us, visit: brookfieldinstitute.ca/about and follow us on Twitter @BrookfieldIIE.
- To help us learn more about you, please provide a cover letter and resume outlining how you meet the following specific qualifications:
- Successful completion of a university degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in business development, business planning, project coordination, public and private funder relationship building.
- Experience in maintaining strategic partnerships and relationship building with key stakeholders, government, community and industry partners.
- Experience with program development and delivering high-quality client service.
- Strong knowledge translation and presentation skills, with the ability to deliver engaging and informative written content and presentations
- Financial management and project management skills
- Excellent track record of on time and on budget program development and delivery
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality around sensitive issues.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and complexity.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently when needed.
- Familiarity with Google Suites products (Google Calendar, Gmail), CRM (Copper) and Microsoft Suites (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Adobe Creative Suite/InDesign/InCopy experience is an asset.
Important Notice Re Job Postings during COVID-19
While we are committed to ensuring the best possible experience for all applicants, due to the situation regarding COVID-19, please be advised that Ryerson University (“Ryerson”) reserves the right to pause a job competition at any stage in the process. Applicants will be notified in the event that the job competition process in which they are participating is suspended or paused. We appreciate your understanding during these unprecedented times. Thank you for your interest in Ryerson University.
Ryerson University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.