About the program:
We offer a summer internship program for those interested in supporting a fast-paced and exciting policy and leadership development agenda that engages diverse audiences across Canada and beyond.
These roles contribute across three preliminary areas of specialization:
- Innovation Economy: driving a more inclusive and sustainable prosperity in Canada through innovation, including how to responsibly adopt and govern new technologies
- Lifelong Learning: ensuring that our education and workplace training systems are equitably preparing Canadians as future-ready workers and citizens
- Thriving Democracy: developing new and better leaders engaged in civic challenges and safeguarding our democratic systems from new threats
About our organization:
Recently, the Brookfield Institute and the Leadership Lab made a decision to merge as one organization at Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU).
This is in response to a shared mission to put leading policy research into action and to develop new leaders and solutions to help Canada thrive in a digital society. As one institute, we will continue to be a trusted partner of public purpose institutions and an authoritative voice in public policy conversations, providing timely and actionable research-based insights, and well-trained change-makers—building on the legacies of the Brookfield Institute and the Leadership Lab.
You can read more about our merger announcement here.
Why you should apply:
- Contribute to thoughtful research and public policies that benefit Canadians
- Gain real, hands-on experience with mentorship from our team
- Networking opportunities
- Join a great team
- It’s full-time + paid!
Who are we looking for?
Successful interns are curious, driven, collaborative and looking to grow. You are a self-starter who also likes working on teams. And you are motivated to contribute to advancing an inclusive innovation economy and democracy in Canada.
This year, we are hiring for up to four intern positions:
Applications will close on Monday, February 20th at 9am EST.
Requirements for the position include:
- Legally allowed to work in Canada
- Passion for policy
- Resume + Cover Letter + Writing Sample submission
- Virtual Interview + References
When can I apply?
Applications for Summer 2023 are now open and will close on Monday, February 20th at 9am EST.
For future updates and announcements, please follow us on our social channels: